The guide to Dental Clinics near San Diego, CA
Looking for top-notch dental clinic near San Diego, CA? Visit our state-of-the-art dental clinic today and experience the highest quality treatments, compassionate care, and a smile-worthy experience that will leave you eager to show off your pearly whites!
What is Complete Health Dentistry in San Diego?
At Brian Davey DDS, we center our treatment on complete health dentistry because there is a strong connection between your oral health and the health of the rest of your body. If you keep your mouth healthy, it will go a long way toward preventing other health problems. Complete health dentistry is integrative dental medicine, reuniting the mouth and the body.
Our motto is: “Healthy gums, healthy heart, healthy arteries, healthy brain!” With that in mind, there are many benefits to you when choosing us as your dental care provider and scheduling wellness visits twice a year in our Torrey Highlands dentist office:
- Clean, white smile to be proud of.
- Cavity prevention for a healthier mouth.
- Gum disease testing to detect harmful bacteria.
- Oral cancer screening to catch the disease in its early stages.
- The potential for better overall health.
- Increased confidence and better self-esteem.
Dental Clinic Services
Through comprehensive dentistry to treat and maintain your oral health, we help keep your whole body healthy. There are many services Dr. Davey and his team provide to do just that. Some of them are:
- Wellness visits, which should be scheduled every six months to keep your oral health at its best. Our dentist will review your medical history and health goals, then we will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums for problems. You will also receive a complete teeth cleaning to get rid of plaque, tartar, and disease-causing bacteria.
- Gum disease testing using the OralDNA system. By determining the type of bacteria in your mouth, we can select the right course of treatment for you. Using a model similar to that of the medical field, we will tailor your therapy to treat the root cause of the problem. Adjusting the number of bad bacteria will help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Oral cancer screening using the VELscope system. This innovative tool detects early signs of the disease not visible to the naked eye. Early intervention increases your odds for successful treatment.
- Laser cavity detectors to catch more cavities in their early stages and reduce the need for teeth fillings or other types of restorative dentistry.
- Athletic mouthguards and bruxism mouthguards. Your teeth can be injured easily during sports or other athletic activity. A custom-fit athletic mouthguard protects your smile against these mishaps. Bruxism mouthguards prevent teeth grinding while sleeping, which can damage tooth enamel.
- Tooth sealants act like raincoats for your teeth. They form a protective barrier between your teeth and germs that can cause cavities and infection.
- Fluoride treatments and fluoride varnishes help protect your teeth from cavities. Research has shown that fluoride can even reverse tooth decay in its early stages.
- Nutritional counseling helps our patients understand how the foods they eat play a role in not only their oral health, but their bodies as a whole. Dr. Davey loves to get kids started with good nutritional habits.
Complete Health Dental Clinic by Dr. Davey DDS
Take Steps Now to Protect Your Smile
At Brian Davey DDS, we also focus on preventive dental care that helps reduce the number of dental emergencies we see. However, they are unfortunately a fact of life.
Generally speaking, if you’re in pain, then it’s an emergency. Below are several common dental crises and important steps to take if you’re faced with them:
- Toothache. A simple toothache could be a sign of something bigger, such as an abscess. Call us soon for treatment before your situation turns into a more painful problem. In the meantime, use a warm water rinse to help reduce pain. Then apply an ice pack to the area to reduce swelling and help with pain.
- Loose tooth. Use a cold compress to reduce pain and swelling. Call us for an appointment as soon as possible.
- Knocked-out tooth. Call us immediately so we can get you proper care to save your tooth. Retrieve the tooth (touch only the crown, not the roots) and place it in a small container of milk or salt water to preserve it.
- Loose or broken crown. Try to replace the crown if possible, using dental adhesive or toothpaste to help secure it in place. Call for an appointment so we can do permanent repair on it.
Dental emergencies can cost you your smile. Call us now for expert dental care and keep your smile intact: (858) 762-9991. You can also use our online form if you need to schedule regular dental care.