The guide to Dental Crowns and Bridges
Take the first step towards dental excellence by exploring the exceptional benefits of dental crowns and unleash your radiant confidence!
What are dental crowns and bridges?
Dental bridges are restorations made of porcelain that use false teeth fused to dental crowns on each side. The restoration is placed using adjacent teeth to support the bridge and allow the false teeth to rest on the gums. Dental implants, on the other hand, are titanium posts that a dentist in Torrey Highlands will place into the bone of the jaw. It uses an abutment on the top of the implant for holding a restoration, including a dental crown, bridge, or denture. Dental implants use the jaw bone for support, not the surrounding teeth.
Dental Restoration Options
Porcelain and Ceramic Dental Crowns
Ceramic dental crowns are an excellent option for anyone with worn, cracked, or decaying teeth. If you’re not a candidate for porcelain veneers, covering the entire tooth with a protective crown is an excellent alternative. Aesthetically, both crowns and veneers provide a similar cosmetic appeal. But only one of them is used to reinforce compromised teeth!
Custom Dental Bridges
Tooth-colored dental bridges serve three purposes. First, they address the aesthetic concern created when you have a missing tooth. Each bridge is carefully handcrafted so that the artificial crown suspended in that place looks like a part of your natural smile.
Second, bridges restore the function of your normal bite. So, activities like biting or chewing different textures of foods aren’t an issue.
And finally, either end of a bridge also acts as a protective dental crown for the tooth that it’s attached to. So, if those teeth are worn or breaking, a bridge can help to reinforce them.
Dental Crowns and Bridges by Dr. Davey
What are the benefits of dental bridges
Bridges have many benefits. They may be recommended for patients with the following needs:
- Filling a gap between two natural teeth
- Replacing a tooth that has been severely damaged with decay or erosion
- Replacing an older dental restoration that has been broken or compromised
- Address one or more teeth lost in a row
- Patients seeking a fixed appliance that isn’t removable like a partial denture
- A natural-looking replacement option for missing teeth
Want to learn more about the benefits of dental implants?
Dental crowns and bridges give you many tooth restoration options these days. Our staff members are knowledgeable in a variety of techniques to give you just the smile you’ve been waiting for.
Below is a short list of some of the options we have available to you:
- Individual Dental Crowns: With Smile in a Day service, you can get one or more crowns placed in just one visit using our in-office CEREC machine. We can cap a damaged tooth with a new crown or restore your dental implants with crowns. Our record is 28 restored teeth in one day! Best of all, enjoy a massage or manicure on us while your new crowns are being made!
- Dental Bridge: Using our CEREC system, we’ll create a bridge to replace one or more missing teeth to fill in your smile and make eating easier. Bridges anchor on both sides to your natural teeth.
- Implant Bridge: This is similar to a conventional dental bridge except that it is secured by two or more dental implants instead of your own teeth.
Call us today at (858) 762-9991 for your consultation on dental crowns and bridges. Get your new smile soon!