You love your kids more than anything in the world. You want them to be as healthy as they can be, but you also want them to learn to make decisions for themselves.
It’s why you give them chores to do at home. It’s also why you encourage them to practice good oral hygiene, by brushing and flossing their teeth on a daily basis.
At the same time, you know that your kids are kids, so they don’t always do what they should do. At the very least, they don’t always do things in the way that they should be done. You probably know that they don’t always brush their teeth as well as they should, which makes it that much more important to get high-quality family dentistry. In San Diego, CA, you can find that kind of pediatric care at the office of Brian Davey, DDS.
February is Children’s Dental Health Month, so we are going to take a moment to discuss some of the things we can do to help you and your kids keep your mouths as healthy as they can be.
Call 858-762-9991 to make an appointment.
Five Ways To Protect Your Family’s Smiles
Up front, we want to remind you that your family’s daily hygiene habits will have the biggest impact on their oral health. However, there are some important things we can do at our practice to help support healthy smiles.
• Dental Cleanings & Exams — In family dentistry, routine cleanings and exams are the foundation of good oral health. During your visits, we are looking for signs and symptoms of existing problems. We also remove plaque and tartar buildup to reduce your risk of tooth decay and gum disease down the road. We also monitor changes in your smile with digital X-rays.
• Dental Sealants — Sealants are a proven way to reduces the risk of cavities. By getting sealants for your kids, they have a literal layer of protection around their teeth. This makes it more difficult for bacteria to damage their teeth, and it provides extra help for those days they don’t brush as well as they should.
• Fluoride Treatments — Flouride is a mineral. When it is applied to teeth, it can repair minor damage before it turns into tooth decay. Fluoride also can make teeth stronger and less likely to develop cavities.
• Athletic Mouthguards — Athletes who don’t wear mouthguards are 60 times more likely to suffer dental injuries. Custom-fitted mouthguards, which you can get at our office, provide the best protection against broken and knocked-out teeth when your kids take to the court, the field, or the rink.
• Emergency Dental Care — Look, we honestly hope your family needs this service. We also know that accidents happen. If they do, you should call us as soon as possible. We’ll do everything we can to stop any pain and work with you to find a long-term fix for the problem.
Schedule An Appointment Soon
If you haven’t already scheduled your family’s next dental visits, then today is the day you should contact Dr. Davey’s office in San Diego. You can fill out our online form or call 858-762-9991.