Complete Health Dentistry
Enjoy Complete Health Dentistry in San Diego
At Brian Davey DDS, we center our treatment on complete health dentistry because there is a strong connection between your oral health and the health of the rest of your body. If you keep your mouth healthy, it will go a long way toward preventing other health problems. Complete health dentistry is integrative dental medicine, reuniting the mouth and the body.
Our motto is: “Healthy gums, healthy heart, healthy arteries, healthy brain!” With that in mind, there are many benefits to you when choosing us as your dental care provider and scheduling wellness visits twice a year in our Torrey Highlands dentist office:
- Clean, white smile to be proud of.
- Cavity prevention for a healthier mouth.
- Gum disease testing to detect harmful bacteria.
- Oral cancer screening to catch the disease in its early stages.
- The potential for better overall health.
- Increased confidence and better self-esteem.
Call us today at (858) 762-9991 to schedule your next wellness visit. Take care of your mouth and take care of your body!
Treat Your Body to a Healthy Mouth
Through comprehensive dentistry to treat and maintain your oral health, we help keep your whole body healthy. There are many services Dr. Davey and his team provide to do just that. Some of them are:
- Wellness visits, which should be scheduled every six months to keep your oral health at its best. Our dentist will review your medical history and health goals, then we will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums for problems. You will also receive a complete teeth cleaning to get rid of plaque, tartar, and disease-causing bacteria.
- Gum disease testing using the OralDNA system. By determining the type of bacteria in your mouth, we can select the right course of treatment for you. Using a model similar to that of the medical field, we will tailor your therapy to treat the root cause of the problem. Adjusting the number of bad bacteria will help keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Oral cancer screening using the VELscope system. This innovative tool detects early signs of the disease not visible to the naked eye. Early intervention increases your odds for successful treatment.
- Laser cavity detectors to catch more cavities in their early stages and reduce the need for teeth fillings or other types of restorative dentistry.
- Athletic mouthguards and bruxism mouthguards. Your teeth can be injured easily during sports or other athletic activity. A custom-fit athletic mouthguard protects your smile against these mishaps. Bruxism mouthguards prevent teeth grinding while sleeping, which can damage tooth enamel.
- Tooth sealants act like raincoats for your teeth. They form a protective barrier between your teeth and germs that can cause cavities and infection.
- Fluoride treatments and fluoride varnishes help protect your teeth from cavities. Research has shown that fluoride can even reverse tooth decay in its early stages.
- Nutritional counseling helps our patients understand how the foods they eat play a role in not only their oral health, but their bodies as a whole. Dr. Davey loves to get kids started with good nutritional habits.
Total health begins with your mouth. Learn how the health of your gums and airway are related to common health concerns like diabetes, heart disease, and dementia. Find out if you are at risk!
Heart disease is the #1 killer of Americans, and it is directly related to periodontal disease. Learn more about how these two conditions are connected so that you can improve your health and live a longer, happier life!
How Oral Health Relates to Diabetes
Nearly all people with diabetes also have gum disease. Learn to control periodontal infections and improve your overall health. Not sure if you are affected by this connection? Ask us at your next appointment!
Gum disease affects nearly all of us at some point during life. Let us help you understand how oral infections relate to serious health concerns like heart disease, diabetes, and adverse pregnancy outcomes.
Alzheimer’s is a truly terrifying condition for patients and their loved ones. Preventing gum disease can be the first step in protecting yourself from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. See how and then visit us to learn more about your risk factors.
Cardiovascular Disease & Periodontal Disease
The relationship is clear: periodontal disease is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Protect yourself and your loved ones by preventing gum disease. Understand how it works, then set up your next exam and cleaning.
Diabetes & Periodontal Disease
Diabetes and gum disease go hand in hand. Diabetes will worsen periodontal infections while periodontal infections make glycemic control more difficult. Get your blood sugars under control by visiting the dentist to treat your periodontal disease. Call today!
How Dentists Can Help Your Whole Body Health
You might think the only doctor able to help you with whole body health is your primary care physician, but that’s just not true. What is healthy for the mouth is healthy for the entire body. Let us show you how taking care of your mouth can improve your overall health and wellness.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Snoring could be a sign of something much more serious: sleep apnea. Find out if you’re at risk, then call our office. Protect yourself from diabetes, heart disease, and sleep related accidents with comfortable sleep apnea treatment.
Preterm Birth & Periodontal Disease
Being pregnant means caring for yourself and your unborn baby. Start by treating gum disease. Periodontal disease is closely linked with preterm and low birth weight babies. A trip to the dentist could be life-saving for your new child, so don’t delay!